Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

I really enjoyed this book. :)  My sister was reading it for school and I realized I never have.  It was entertaining.  Follows the adventures of a young boy as he gets mixed up with pirates.  Shows when he does something wrong (like leave his post) but how on a whim he ended up lucky and helping in the end.

It did get me thinking about pirates though.  Why do they bury their treasure?  I mean they're supposed to be greedy and after adventure, and burying the treasure creates future adventure... but really?  It reminds me of dogs burying bones in a backyard- to hide it for themselves for future use.  Why not hide it all in one spot?  Maybe to ensure if one is found you still have another store?  And how do you use any of it for anything you want if it's buried on some far off island?  Anyways, whatever the reason/motive, I like looking for treasure- buried or just hidden.  Sometimes that treasure is a 5 dollar bill I left in an old purse that I don't find til a few years later. :)  So I guess in some ways I'm the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment