Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Cheesecake Factory's Fried Mac and Cheese

So a few weeks ago, my husband and I went out to eat, and while waiting to be seated, they had a tv advertisement of different foods and cheesecakes there.  I saw the picture of the fried mac and cheese...  MMMMM!  I served a mission in Louisiana and love fried foods and I've always loved mac and cheese.  Anyways, one of the things I miss is getting fried mac and cheese bites from some restaurant (Jack in the Box or Arby's?) and enjoying how good it is.  Anyways, I asked my husband if he wanted to split the appetizer with me.  I asked the waitress about it as well and she said it was served with a creamy marinara sauce (my husband says it was more of a vodka sauce- but tasted like it had some sun-dried tomatoes in it or something too) and at first I was a little skeptical...  'Ruin fried mac and cheese with a creamy marinara sauce?' was what I was thinking.  It came and I took a bite- it was good all by itself, but then I took a forkful and swirled it in the sauce...  I was definitely a fan of the sauce with the mac and cheese.  The fried part wasn't too heavy, so if you sometimes react to things heavily breaded- this wasn't.  But it definitely gave me what I needed when I wanted something fried, cheesy and good.  (Amazing in my opinion- but maybe I was overdue).  Either way I would recommend them to anyone who likes fried food and cheese or mac and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment