Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Johnny English Reborn

Alright, so I haven't seen the first one, but it's a spy comedy and I didn't feel lost just because I didn't see the first one.  I really enjoyed it.  There have been times when I've watched an action movie where they do some crazy stunt- that admittedly, looks really cool.  But I've also had friends mention before how sometimes the stunts are unnecessary- like 'who would do that in REAL life?'.  This movie covered some of those moments.  The bad guy would be running away doing crazy stunts, but Johnny English has the voice of his teacher in his head that basically tells him he can be wise.  So he opens the gate that the guy jumps over, walks around the piles of stuff he climbs on top.  Anyways, I found it very funny.  I mean there were other funny parts as well- messing things up and in the end saving the day.  The old Asian cleaning lady was one of my favorites- how many bad-guy girls these days in movies are older?  (Besides in the movie R.E.D.)  Usually it's some young, hot, sexy girl dressed in tight leather or something.  Anyways, I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes spy movies, comedies and/or Rowan Atkinson (who is a favorite of my husband). 

No comments:

Post a Comment