Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Alright, so as I have continued reading this series they have become less like Twilight and something of their own.  Well that is, despite the two guy interests- the cold one is of course, the forbidden one and as much as part of me would like to cheer for Puck (or Jacob in Twilight) I find myself cheering for the cold, forbidden one in both cases.  In these books I feel Meghan is less flighty than Bella and more sure of what she wants.

For parents trying to screen books for their kids- their is a sex scene in this book- I thought it was tasteful.  They start out kissing- lay down, then it talks about their auras danced and merged into one.  If that left any doubt for you- she has to look for her clothes just a few pages later.  The kissing scenes in this series are similar, in my opinion, to those in Twilight.

One part I especially liked was from Puck.  Meghan and Ash are in some small fight and Puck says, ""Trouble in paradise , princess?" I felt my face heat, and Puck shook his head.  "Well, don't drag me into it.  I learned long ago that you don't get in the middle of a lover's spat.  Nothing ever goes as planned-- people fall in love with the wrong person, someone ends up with a donkey head, and then it's a whole big mess."" I like how the author used "A Midsummer Night's Dream" to interpret a lesson she thought Puck had learned from that story and incorporated it into her own story.

No comments:

Post a Comment