Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Alright, so the first book I thought was like Twilight.  Two mythical beings that are love interests to one girl.  One pale, cold, dangerous and has a reason to kill her.  The other one warm and a much safer option.  The thing is- forbidden love is common and appealing.  There is something about it that I love- even though I did not marry the "bad boy" in my personal life.  There is something that makes a girl feel AMAZING to have the bad boy, the unreachable boy, to be able to be the one that he can love, the one that changes his demeanor- that's a very empowering thought.  In this sequel (official sequel Book #2 not #1.5) there is a similarity to Twilight or New Moon.  The pale, cold love interest has to go away (completely different reasons here)and the other one has a chance to make his move.  To me, that is where the similarities end.  I really liked this book.  I feel like it has more adventure to it than Twilight, and the girl doesn't become a zombie- when he leaves.  Life goes on, and she gives the other guy more of a chance.  I liked the twists- they weren't impossible to guess, but it still was interesting and I loved this book and look forward to the next book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment